How to Know that You Are Hiring a Skilled and Competent Attorney
When you need legal representation, you can find it challenging to determine whether a prospective lawyer has the skill and experience you need, as well as the likelihood that they will help you get the outcome you want. In response to this concern, the New Jersey legal system set up a certification program by which the most effective and most-qualified lawyers can set themselves apart from the rest of the crowd. By hiring an attorney who has been certified in a particular area, you have strong assurances that you are getting effective legal representation.
At the Law Offices of Adam M. Kotlar, we have more than 17 years of practice experience, representing clients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Our lawyers have over 60 years of combined legal experience. We emphasize the importance of results, and will use our skill, knowledge, experience and resources to help you pursue full and fair compensation for all your losses. To learn about the representation we have provided other clients, see our testimonials page.
The New Jersey Attorney Certification Program
The Supreme Court of New Jersey established a certification program in 1980 to assist consumers who were looking for certain levels of competence in specific practice areas, including matrimonial law, workers’ compensation law, civil trial law and criminal trial law. To qualify for certification in a particular discipline, a lawyer must meet certain minimum requirements:
- The attorney must be a member in good standing of the New Jersey Bar Association for at least five years
- The attorney must show substantial involvement in the preparation of litigation in his or her specific practice area
- The attorney must be of requisite professional character, as attested by a number of judges and other lawyers
- The attorney must complete a minimum number of continuing legal education courses in the three years prior to certification
- The attorney must successfully complete a comprehensive written examination specifically focused on his or her practice area
The New Jersey certification program focuses on those benchmarks that are consistently accurate indicators of effective attorneys—experience, education and knowledge, skill and dedication, and reputation in the legal community.
Contact Our Office Today
We have the experience and knowledge you want to help you get the outcome you need. Contact our office online or call us at Local # :888-256-8527 for a free initial consultation. We have office locations in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.