Jose W. Hernandez
Jose W. Hernandez has 23 years of experience in areas including personal injury, products liability, medical malpractice, construction site injuries, trucking accidents, nursing home negligence, Workers’ Compensation, commercial litigation and criminal defense. Jose has worked for some of the top law firms in South Jersey where he gained much experience handling complex cases involving catastrophic injuries. Jose has also devoted his time and experience to public appointments. He served as a municipal court public defender for 7 years and 4 years as a member of the Supreme Court of New Jersey, Office of Attorney Ethics, District I Ethics Committee. Jose also has also regularly volunteered his time to serve as a speaker in Ethics seminars sponsored by the New Jersey Association of Justice and the Camden County Bar Association. Born in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Jose is fluent in Spanish. Jose aggressively protects the rights of those who have been injured by the negligence of others.
Jose obtained his undergraduate degree from Rutgers University in 1989 and graduated from Widener University School of Law in 1994. He is admitted to practice law in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Personal Injury litigation, products liability, medical malpractice, construction site injuries, trucking accidents, nursing home negligence, Workers’ Compensation, commercial litigation and criminal defense.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Joseph F. Greene, Jr. 1994-1995
- Associate, Kozlov, Seaton, Romanini, Brooks & Greenberg, P.C., 1995-1999
- Associate, Weinberg, McCormick, Chatzinoff & Zoll, P.C., 1999-2001
- Associate, Basile & Testa, P.A., 2001-2003
- Partner, DiLazzero & Hernandez, LLC, 2003-2008
- Associate, The Ferrara Law Firm, LLC, 2009-2014
- Associate, The Law Offices of Adam M. Kotlar, LLC 2014- present
- Public Defender for the Borough of Buena, Atlantic County, New Jersey appointed January 5, 2004 to December 31, 2011.
- Supreme Court Of New Jersey, Office of Attorney Ethics, Appointment to the District I Ethics Committee May, 2007 to 2011.
- Widener University School of Law, J.D. 1994
- Rutgers University, B.A. 1989
- State of New Jersey 1994
- District of New Jersey 1994
- State of Pennsylvania 1995
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania 1999
- Camden Bar Association
- Burlington Bar Association
- Cumberland Bar Association
- New Jersey Association of Justice
- Life Member Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Reported and Unreported Decisions
Greenberg v. Pryszlak, 426 N.J. Super. 591 (App. Div. 2012)-Civil rights case against the New Jersey State Police arising from a wrongful arrest. Appellate Division reversed trial court’s dismissal of the case.
Falasca Mechanical v. Gloucester County Improvement Authority, A-1872-08T1 decided June 26, 2009-Public bidding case involving Gloucester County’s new criminal court building. Represented a successful bidder in a multi-million construction contract challenged by an unsuccessful bidder.
State of New Jersey v. Hall, Appeal No. 27-06, decided December 20, 2006, Cumberland County Superior Court-Case of first impression-Inoperable third brake light did not justify a motor vehicle stop. Drug charges and DWI dismissed by the Superior Court.